Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover
Technically this product isn’t new and it launched a while back but they have improved the formula this time.
Here are the improved properties of the Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover:
- Smoother jelly-like texture is gentle on skin and rinses of easily and quickly without any harsh tugging or pulling action on skin.
- High cleansing ability dissolves and lifts of all traces of makeup effortlessly.
- Made with 40% more moisturising essence nourishes and hydrates skin for a dewy moisturised finish.
- Lightweight formula leaves skin feeling refreshed, with no sticky or greasy after-feel.
I’ve heard about this product since the previous version but didn’t get down to trying because I was unfamiliar with this kind of texture and was skeptical. I mean, most of us will tend to stick within our comfort zones and use only consistencies we’re used to right? But I was always curious about this because of the positive reviews from various users. It’s hard to believe that a jelly-like textured product can remove all makeup well. So obviously, I had to try it for myself when Samplestore passed me one for reviewing!
Firstly, I applied some everyday makeup on my hand. Here’s some bb cream, eyeliner, lipstick and cheek stain.
I was pleased to see how EVERYTHING came off effortlessly!
I decided to try it on my face too, following the instructions:
- Pump an appropriate amount (2-3 pumps) onto hands and spread evenly over face and eye area.
- Massage gently to dissolve makeup.
- Rinse thoroughly with water. It is not necessary to remove cleansing liquid with cotton pad or tissue.
- For best results, apply on dry face and hands. Do not use facial cotton pad or tissue.
I spread the product all over my face with my hands to dissolve my makeup. The makeup dissolved really quickly and it looks as it was entirely off even before I rinsed off with water! The usage of this is similar to cleansing oil I feel, but with a less oily feeling because this is jelly. It was very smooth on my skin while rubbing it in, and the watery texture made it easy to spread around.
My faced turned out super clean when rinsed off, and no residue from the makeup remover remained. I felt like I didn’t even need to double cleanse for my face to feel clean and I’m please at how hydrated my face felt post makeup removal.
Personally I have never tried the previous version so I don’t know how it compares, but indeed the performance of this product lived up to the claims. There’s really no tugging and pulling and it was so easy to dissolve everything from my face.
This product is suitable for all skin types and for those who are concerned about the country of origin, this product is made in Japan.
The new and improved Bioré Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover is available at all leading supermarkets, personal care stores and western pharmacies & departmental stores from April 2015 at $24.90/230ml.