Here’s another very simple, fail proof, fool proof and delicious recipe. Anything with bacon can’t really go wrong!
- A good oven
- Grill rack
- Deep dish tray
- Skewers or toothpicks
- Aluminium foil
- Streaky bacon
- Frozen Japanese scallops
- Black pepper (optional)
- Dried thyme (optional)
- Dried oregano (optional)
- Dried basil (optional)
- Olive oil
- Wash and dry scallops, and sprinkle herbs if desired
- Cut and wash asparagus into thirds and set aside.
- For the scallops, cut the streaky bacon into half horizontally. Wrap half bacon around each scallop.
- For the asparagus, grab a small bunch and wrap with bacon, halved vertically.
- Use 2 skewers to hold the bacon wrapped scallops and asparagus in place. You can place 2 or 3 pieces in each skewer. Use 2 skewers to hold it firmer. Brush the exposed surface of scallops and asparagus with olive oil.
- Place the grill rack into the deep dish tray lined with aluminium foil and place it in the highest level of the oven.
- Preheat oven on top mode at 230⁰C.
- Take the grill rack tray out of oven and place the skewers onto the rack. Return the tray to the oven and grill with the door ajar.
- Grill 10 minutes for asparagus and 15 minutes for scallops.
- After 5 minutes have passed, flip all skewers to the other side for even grilling.
- Remove the skewers and serve.
- Soak the skewers in water for 30minutes to avoid burning of the skewers when baking.
- Line the deep dish tray with aluminium foil because there will be a lot bacon fat dripping and the residue may be difficult to remove.
- If you do not have a grill rack, you can simply grill it on your wire rack that comes with the oven, with a tray on a lower level.
- The grilling time may vary so stop the cooking when you feel it is suitable.
- You could have grilled tomatoes too. I cooked them together.
- You do not need to add salt as bacon is very salty.
- You could use many other ingredients too like enoki mushrooms, quail eggs, prawns, etc.