I’ve been experimenting around attempting to make good avocado milkshake/ smoothie/ drink and I’ve posted my previous recipe here. It wasn’t perfect but good enough at that point in time. Recently, I tried the coconut avocado smoothie from Loving Hut and it revolutionized my life. Coconut is PERFECT with avocado. I and tried recreating it but only recently I realised the trick is to add coconut milk!
It’ll be good if you can get fresh coconut milk for this. You can purchase fresh coconut shreds and extract the coconut milk. If you really don’t wish to go through that, packaged ones will do. Same goes for coconut water.
Avocado Coconut Smoothie
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 200ml coconut water
- 50ml coconut milk
- 1tbsp + 1tsp coconut sugar (or Gula Melaka)
- Cut ripe avocado in half. Save the seeded side for future use. Remove skin and place half of the avocado in blender. It is not necessary to cut it up.
- Add coconut water, coconut milk and sugar into the blender.
- Blend everything together until smooth
- To serve, top with desiccated coconut or fresh coconut pulp if desired.