I was actually intending to have a tortilla wrap for lunch but as I had leftover tomato pasta sauce, leftover mozzarella cheese and leftover white button mushrooms, I decided to make pizza.
Tortilla wrap is perfect if you like a thin crust pizza base. If you prefer a thick bread like crust, you can try pita bread instead. I use whole wheat wrap.
Of course, these methods can’t be compared to real pizza dough, but this is a shortcut which can be prepared in a jiffy! I’d say this is a better alternative to frozen pizza, if you only get to choose between frozen pizza and easy shortcut pizza.
Easy Pizza Funghi
- 1 wholewheat tortilla wrap
- 1 -2 tbsp tomato paste/ tomato pasta sauce
- 6 button mushrooms (or ingredient of your choice), sliced
- Dried or fresh basil
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Canola oil (or oil of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C on top bottom mode
- Grease your baking pan with a small amount of canola oil
- Spread tomato sauce all over the tortilla
- Scatter half the cheese evenly over the tomato sauce
- Arrange mushrooms all over the pizza. Remember that mushrooms will shrink after cooking so you don’t have to leave gaps
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle on basil
- Bake at 180˚C in the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes
- Always use fresh mushrooms. Canned button mushrooms will not taste good.
- Shitake is a good choice too. I would have used that if I had it on hand.