I love having snacks to go along with my tea and this is a delicious, fast and easy item which goes really well with Chinese tea. I’ve experimented with various recipes and after multiple tries, this works best for me. I paired it with Long Jing tea.
Hungry Bird’s Osmanthus Jelly
Makes about 30 – 35
1 packet unsweetened Konnyaku Jelly Powder (I used Jim Willie brand)
190g Organic Coconut Sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
10g Dried Wolfberries
6g Dried Osmanthus Flowers
- Mix jelly powder and sugar and set aside.
- Place wolfberries and dried osmanthus flowers on a teapot. Add about 400ml of boiling water and leave to steep for at least 20minutes.
- In a pot over the stove, boil remaining water.
- Strain the water from the teapot into the pot of boiling water over the stove. Keep the residue for later.
- Add jelly powder and sugar mix into the pot and stir until entirely dissolved.
- Divide and place wolfberries and osmanthus flowers into the individual moulds.
- Fill up moulds with jelly solution.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 30minutes until set.