I had leftover cream cheese frosting from my red velvet cupcakes, so I thought I’d make carrot cupcakes as carrot cake goes perfect with cream cheese frosting!
- 1 Cup Plain Four
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- Sieve flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda and salt in a bowl and mix it evenly. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and canola oil and whisk until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well at medium speed after each addition.
- Stir flour into egg mixture until well dissolved.
- Stir in carrots.
- Spoon mixture into cupcake liners.
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Bring cupcakes to room temperature before frosting.
Cream cheese frosting
Frosts 24 cup cakes
- 200g cream cheese, slightly softened
- 50g butter, slightly softened
- 120g icing sugar
- A pinch of salt
Combine everything in a mixer and mix till smooth.
I’m pretty satisfied with how these turned out! I managed to grasp the right baking time this time and 20 minutes is just perfect. The centre is moist and the taste was great! However, I think I’ll make amendment to the spices next time.